This project includes interior alterations to the second and fourth floors of the existing Rock Resource Center at the Curtis Institute of Music. The Center currently contains a repository for collections of music, books, and publications, along with administrative offices. Inside a registered historic structure originally constructed in 1908, the addition of library stacks to the fourth floor and HVAC equipment to the roof level require the reinforcement of the floor joists to accept the new loads. The renovations also include new administrative offices on the second floor, a small kitchenette on the fourth floor, and new ceilings, finishes, electrical service, and lighting.
|Client:||Curtis Institute of Music|
|Architect:||Venturi, Scott Brown and Associates|