P.J. Clarke’s occupies the corner of Sixth and Walnut Streets, on the first floor of the Curtis, in a portion of the building dedicated to dining, shopping and other retail options. The entry to the space opens up to a large Parlor Bar with adjacent seating areas for restaurant patrons. The project also includes an oyster bar, seated dining areas, and private dining rooms. Reclaimed millwork, doors, glazing, and lighting fixtures are featured throughout the space, to establish the signature P.J. Clarke’s style. Shelled space on the lower level will allow for the opportunity to expand the restaurant in the future.
P.J. Clarke’s at The Curtis will be the fifth for The Clarke’s Group, which maintains three locations in New York City and another in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1884, P.J. Clarke’s has become a New York icon, earning the reputation over the years of being the ‘Vatican of Saloons.’