Designed in 1970 by Eshback, Pullinger, Stevens and Bruder, with Perkins and Romanach, Gregory College House consists of two four-story buildings (Van Pelt Manor and Class of 1925 House), located south of Locust Walk, forming a connection with the low-rise brick neighborhood to the west. The majority of the finishes, furniture and fixtures, and MEP systems were original to the buildings, and had exceeded their expected life. The project evaluated the needs of the building, and developed a scope of work to upgrade existing finishes including paint, flooring and window treatments, in addition to common area upgrades and student suite bathroom improvements. Upgrades were made to the mechanical and electrical systems, including the replacement of major equipment.
|Client:||University of Pennsylvania|
|Architect:||MGA Partners, Architects|